Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Hymn

 


28. I bow down to that Nārada who has no arrogance due to learning or good conduct but whose learning and good conduct are well-known.

29. I bow down to that Nārada who has none of these (defects): Absence of interest, anger, fickleness and fear. He is composed and free from (habitual) procrastination.

30. I salute that Nārada who does not change his word (once uttered) either due to lust or to covetousness and who is worthy of being adored by all creatures (i.e. living beings).

31. I pay obeisance to that Nārada who is conversant with the principles and goal of spiritual endeavour, who is forbearing, powerful and straightforward, who has conquered his sense-organs and who speaks the truth.

32. I bow down to that Nārada who is full-grown and venerable in respect of splendour, fame, intellect, prudence, humility, birth and penance.

33. I salute that Nārada whose conduct and dress are pleasing and whose diet, behaviour, eyes and utterances are good and who is splendid.

34. I pay obeisance to Nārada who causes excessive happiness, who has no sin and who never takes delight in other people’s misfortune.

35. I bow down to that Nārada who always abides by the duties enjoined in the VedasSmṛtis and Purāṇas and who is free from (i.e. is above) either pleasure or displeasure.

36. I salute Nārada who is uninterested in foodstuffs and other things, who is learned, who is never idle, who is a Brāhmaṇa of vast learning and whose narratives are charming.

37. I bow down to that Nārada who has never erred before in respect of wealth, anger and love and by whom these defects have been eliminated.

38. I pay obeisance to Nārada who is devoid of the defect of infatuation and fascination, who has great devotion to welfare and who has prudence and modesty.

39. I bow down to that Nārada who is never contaminated by contacts (but) whose soul appears to be attached, who is eloquent and who has no prolonged doubts.

40. I bow down to that Nārada who never abandons scriptural texts, who never subsists on his penance and whose mind is productive at all times.

41. I salute that Nārada who puts in great efforts, who exerts his intelligence, who is never satiated with concentration and meditation and who never errs in his efforts.

42. I bow down to Nārada who does not become elated by the acquisition of wealth, who does not become dejected on account of non-acquisition, whose intellect is steady and whose soul is not excessively attached.

43. I seek refuge in Nārada who is richly endowed with all good qualities, who is efficient, pure and unafraid, who knows the proper occasions and is conversant with good policies.

Source

https://freeglobaluniversity.blogspot.com/search/label/Skanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels